Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Friday, February 13, 2009

Heart of my heart


It’s Valentine’s.
It’s a relief to have a four day weekend and plenty of rain on the way. I took a few Valentine’s Day pictures. It’s a holiday I like but remember the loneliness of it in days gone by. For me now though it’s about buying chocolate for my sweeties and saluting the Chico Peace and Justice Center (and specifically, our coordinator Sue Hildebrand,) for all the hard work that has gone into Chico becoming a Fair Trade Town. I should have a picture or two on that tomorrow.
Today I got to fill in on the Peace and Justice Program on KZFR. Besides wonderful Jim Hensen from the Peace Center (www.chico-peace.org) , talking about Fair Trade, I also interviewed Bryan Early from Californians against Waste (www.cawrecycles.org) and Jaya Mae Gregory (www.spiritquilts.net) talking about the Vagina Monologues (www.newsite.vday.org) All of them reminded me how important it is for us to protect the future generations as well as those with us now. Let’s believe in the Power of our own Love and use it to work for what is sustainable.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home