Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Hope








Oh tay. I’m not going to pretend to be wise. I just want Health for everybody I love and might love in the year ahead, which means you. I can’t stop the epidemic of illness around me but I can plant my feet firmly, like the live oak and manzanita (blooming!) say, let’s do what we can to help those in need. We can also (try to) stay healthy ourselves to model the behaviors we wish to see and to seriously (or light heartedly, whatever your style,) do what we can do to make the world a better place, whether it is building friendships or calling Congress about the bombings in Gaza (202-224-3121.)
My Love tonight to Laurie’s family and to Josh’s family. Jerry Winer is shown here reading from a Chanukah story on the 6th night of Chanukah, reminding us that miracles do happen (Theresa!)
I walked with my dear friend Kathy up to some caves on Sunday and my love flows to her and to her dear Jana like water down that flume we walked on, direct, gentle, uncompromising.
Meanwhile, Mr. Veggieman is processing veggie oil for our four days of travel that begin with the dawning of the New Year.
My dearest Orien heads back to the city to work on New Year’s Eve. She is the heart of my heart and I wish her safety and continued perseverance and success with school in the New Year.
May our world survive its many challenges with grace and vigor in the year One of Obama too!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home