Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, April 3, 2014

April fulls

 Michael's been working on the electrical shorts on the Veggie Voyager. This is what a day under the hood looks like. Whereas I'd like to say my world is more like this:
 However, that's not really true either. I've been working hard on the Frack Free Butte County campaign to get a Ban on Fracking in our county and pretty much missing a lot of my usual love affair with nature.
 It was nice to stroll around after the rain this morning with Michael and get completely soaked below the knees. It is all so luxurious right now at Riparia! This is the area by the swimming hole.
 So, I am just posting photos of lilacs, ceanothus and apple blossoms just to celebrate this brief and magical time of the year.
 We've had thunder, lightning, hail, rainbows and even tornadoes but now it looks like the second phase of spring has begun. The heat will return and with the longer days it will be staight on to summer.
 But I love the little caresses of spring. So fleeting and  soft-earthed... so easily dug and so willing in new growth.
 Whenever I come home it's this little jog by my neighbor's house and the well-head and into the arches of the great old black walnut trees and the canopy of their branches that I know my home life is re-joined. There is much that needs doing in this world but living with beauty needs to be the fuel that stokes the spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home