Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday morning

We were headed up to celebrate my dear Queen Colette’s 50th but Michael threw around one too many cement bags yesterday and is stranded on the couch now watching his handy-man shows on PBS. The juicer is still.
I missed my yoga class and the peace vigil but did make it to the Farmer’s Market. My friend Laurel was playing for tips. She said quietly and quickly to me, “I lost everything but my guitar” and gave me her beautiful smile. Her home burned to the ground in the Concow fire.
Actually it’s good I am grounded this weekend. I’ll go through my stuff and see what I can give to the people who lost their homes. There’s a big give away tomorrow at the Chico Women’s Club. If it wasn’t for Michael’s back I’d have only snatched up a few things. Now I can do it thoughtfully. I can also write checks and give away some money now that we’re caught up on bills.
There was also some good transportation for sale at the market. If you enlarge these (click on them) you can get the phone numbers. The guy said the electric car can get a 100 mile range now as the batteries are new. I don’t know how many miles you can get with two kids on the back of a bike…maybe three. Depends on the kids.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home