Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Sunday, November 15, 2009

this day

There's a window of time now to disc and mow before the rains come so the earth is looking really ready and gorgeous before the first frost and drenchings. I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the mullen in the garden. It is so fuzzily beautiful.
Yesterday I went to a fashion show put on by breast cancer survivors. I clapped til my hands hurt for these brave and beautiful women.

Earlier in the week I went up to Quincy for work and stopped to take a photo of these little cairn fishermen in the Feather River. The golden deciduous trees were in their glory in the canyon.
And last weekend I went to just one speaker at the Sustainability Conference, Derrick Jensen. He inspired us to talk again about our energy situation here on the land and I'm motivated, even with the problems of battery technology, to get going on solar.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home