Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring musings

Enjoy these photos! As glorious as the blossoms are we wait to see what the weather will do. Last year we had almost no fruit set because of wet weather with poor pollination or damage to the flowers. I've seen a fair number of bees and the skies are gray, mostly, but so far not much rain or wind.
This morning I was noticing that the birds are in pairs-- thrush, red shouldered hawk, phoebes, flickers and little wren was tugging at tiny twigs for nest building. Out by the creek an empty but new nest had fallen to the ground... imagine building your home with your mouth and nose and having it be sturdy enough to raise your young 50 feet up in a old oak?

My young is pictured here in front of her school with her friend Lauren. I got to stay with Orien on Friday night as I wove my way between work related things. It was a really good chance to meet the people who are in her life and catch up with her and her room mates.
With meters costing 25 cents for four minutes of parking I don't think I'll be bopping in on her often.
Lastly, I wanted to include the photo of the wild cuke anchoring on the wild rose. It's not a great photo but the visual interest is in the tenacity of the strategy. We all have to be strong for the changes coming in this next period. My faith rests in those I love and the beauty and reliability of nature and the transformative openness provided by meditation... let's see how we do as the spring unsprings.





1 Comments:

At February 22, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet musings, dear chris....as usual the corners of my mouth turn up and my heart is stirred, softly, but perceptibly at your attention to the subtle and not so subtle metaphors of life....i appreciate you more than i have the opportunity to express it.....hope you know how loved and special you are....wz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home