Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Sunday

Harry the brave three legged dog, devoted, water loving and sweet now has cancer in his lungs. Orien came home to be with him on the Super Bowl weekend so I actually ended up seeing half the game, a first Super Bowl for me.
It was so gorgeous out though I had to run around and take photos as well as plant out our Christmas tree, plant peas, fertilize asparagus before I could haul myself in at dusk...

We are delighted with the rain and delighted with the sun. Everything is either popping or in pre-pop mode.
And my lovely smelly narcissus bent by rain are glorious for the brief moment of early spring when they hold their spectacular show. This is the best time of the year in the valley for wonderful clouds and making us appreciate the sun. I'm just glad Orien got to be home for it even though there is the persistent sadness that Harry won't be with us much longer. Everything good seems so fleeting.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home