Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Sunday, January 15, 2012

 We are just back from the Wild and Scenic Film Festival in Nevada City. We camped in the V.V. and watched a steady stream of films from Friday night through Sunday eve. My favorite thing was the puppet play inspired by the Tim DeChristopher trial. If I can get the script I want to put that on in Chico. It was really a powerful piece presented by Peaceful Uprising. Meanwhile Tim, AKA Bidder 70, sits in Federal Prison in Herlong for saving one of the most pristine areas on earth from oil/gas leases. The above puppets are "our children", Tim, Hansen (the climate change scientist,) The U.S. government... missing are corporations and us, the jury.
 There was also a lot of activist workshops in the old City Hall. This was so special-- people picketing the activists going into the activist center regarding the needs of the homeless.
 I present these street activities because they are more photo-interesting then our own activities of watching the films themselves... but my head is filled with those wonderful films.
 Lastly, Friday before we left I went out to Pine Creek and my old friend Howard presented me with copies of a book of poetry I'd given him some years ago. He'd had his friend Dorothy print out the Pine Creek Poems and had the books bound. I read the poems on the way up to the festival and hardly recognized that part of me that had lived in that cabin on Pine Creek from 1978-1980 but was glad to re-meet her. I really appreciate Dorothy Davis for helping Howard with this labor of Love and Howard, of course, for letting me live on his beautiful land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home