Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, December 10, 2011


 It's the best I could do without a tripod. We parked the VV back in the back of the property, between the GRUB field and Max's orchard. Even at 11pm the frost had made the ground shiny and crunchy. At 6am we were making big footed crisscrossings across the field. I was looking for a branch or trunk to stabilize the camera and Michael was just enjoying himself and staying warm. Sasha never really warmed to the idea of being out there. They're still out there, back asleep.

Every month the search for the full moon calls on me to wander around. Last night I cut through Emily's plantings and along Comanche Creek over the berm and alongside Elizabeth's studio out to Meyers and Ivy. I had to include this photo of a partially buried single use plastic bag. The local paper says we don't have a problem with them in Chico and that poor consumers shouldn't be burdened with another regulatory burden of having less access to them (or so I paraphrase.) For me they have been a burden and a pain as anyone who reads this blog knows. I can say here plainly that I hate the whining of the teabag folks who are so doctrinaire on their single minded crusade to keep themselves free of public policies that will benefit the earth.
 La luna llena. So beautiful. So generous.
This earth just floors me. After I came in to download the photos and post this the light did another brilliant flash, illuminating the tips of the trees and the dangling ivy with their pale pinkish leaves. Everything was consumed with brilliance and I just watched mesmerized and held back from pulling the memory card out of the lap top and rushing back outside. Just as quickly the scene muted with a soft layer of intermittent clouds so now everything seems flat, silent and peacefilled. 

 My hands are still stiff with the cold. After the still eclipsing moon set I wandered the frozen land. Caught these persimmons with a mantle of ice that showed up in the camera but not for my eyes.
 I walked out to Estes Rd and shot back toward the industrial zone that borders Riparia. The lobulated valley oak leaves grabbed the shot. So simple, so complex, so perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home