Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, January 30, 2012

 Traveling on bio-diesel can be difficult. We called around to see where we could get it and ended up going to the mountains via Roseville for B-20 at a Propel 76 station... which is about the right blend for freezing mountain nights. We stayed at the sno-park on Donner Summit and skied up the Pacific Crest Trail with every vintage and description of human and dog... even kayakers.
 I decided if I ever write another book it will be all about everything that hurts on my body since on these ever repeated Day 1 outings getting up these mountains is such an achy and book length affair filled with a litany of complaints that only I am interested in. But then I was at the summit of Castle Ridge and all was right with the world again until the inevitable aches and pains of going down again. Three times I fell flat on my face in the snow this day--that's all I'm saying.
 So that's why Michael is skiing down with my skis on his pack.
 Today, coming out of the mountains, we picked up 51 gallons of B-99 Simple Fuels bio-diesel from these wonderful folks, doing a great business of green home interiors in Grass Valley. This was a good day for Peaceful Valley Farm Supply spring seeds, potato starts and rasberry canes too before going on to protest drones at Beale AFB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home