Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, November 20, 2014

How to run a Diesel Truck on Straight Veggie Oil (and the last posting.)

 In spring, on Michael's 68th birthday, we will take his ashes to Utah and bury them somewhere inconspicuously at the base of this powerful Moki Mother pictograph where I also want my ashes to go when it is my time. Some of his ashes will also fly off the top of Mt. Lassen before then as his friend Art took some after the gathering on Sunday. They often skied from Lassen and both of us think this would be a good thing. Michael was first and foremost a man of the high country.
 Selkie has remained at my side through all this time. Thank Goodness for her. She is ball obsessed and doesn't know that her master's boney ashes are below the woodchips at the base of this little pine.
 We had yet another tragedy yesterday. Pula Praiser, Orien's dad's dog, died after about a three week reprieve from being euthanized. He was a very dear creature and it seemed fit that he died on a rainy day since that is what his name means in the language of Botswana.
 We planted a mum and a hyacinth, all we had at hand, over his grave. One more seismic shift in our little lives and personal universe.
 With sharing these few last things I want to end this blog. I continue to blog about my own process after Michael's death at www.answering2life.wordpress.com and hope you will check that out.
 What I want to share with you in parting (and it is sad for me because I enjoyed these seven years of Veggie Voyaging more than I can ever express,) is this YouTube video shared by the Producer and camera-woman and our friend, Mathilde Rand. It will hopefully awaken your interest in running your own diesel vehicle on vegetable oil-- to use an under-utilized resource and make the world just a little less polluted. Enjoy my friends. I don't know you but I love you and wish you well. Here is Michael Pike in his own words explaining how he did what he did: http://youtu.be/0R7yth6CIwg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home