Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Change

It’s been a few days since the retreat. The fires that started from the lightning strikes on Friday are still burning in many counties. Many friends in Concow have been evacuated from their homes but so far it is only the dull, persistent presence of smoke that is harming anyone. The firefighters are over stretched and I’m sure, exhausted.
The old Ford truck that was the heart of the Veggie Voyager needs 950$ of back end work which we don’t even begin to have so that’s the end of that for awhile.
We are going to go to the coast for my birthday weekend in the Geo and will camp and hike and clear out our lungs and enjoy the coolness.
I decided at the retreat to stay conscious in my writing and not fall in to self censor or cliché but I think both have become natural to me. I’m going to keep working with the process despite a shifting life style. One year of retirement. That’s been an absolute dream fulfilled and now I rest in the fullness of time spoken for and my amblings curtailed. Michael is also working but he’s self employed, doing odd jobs for people and creating his own quixotic schedule.
I’m aligning with the power of presence in all of this. Futurizing does no good but I recognize anxieties running in a reoccurring thread—health care, dental care, car stuff, the quality of life in this California valley with global warming threats…blahdiblahdiblah. I’m living from the space of sensing in which all these vagaries arise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home