Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, August 18, 2008

Dave Guzzetti photos


Happy 60th Birthday to Dave Guzzetti! Great man and Great party!



Next night, up just south of Lassen National Park: The full moon rose across the meadow in a dent in the forest, with a pine swizzle stick across its face then with a cheery fat boy Caesar headdress but then finally cleared the trees washing light across the dry summer expanse filled with no sound and just the fullness of becoming moon washed.
I forgot the memory card for the camera and that was good. Life was becoming too looked for, framed in right light. I also forgot the Scrabble game and without it I was moon bleached in the pale meadow, part of shadow and reflected light.
My life as “story” is becoming a series of frames viewed from me as observer. In meditation today that appeared flat and two dimensional. The blog has become a pen pal who doesn’t write back… a duty to prove to myself that I exist and my life or views are worthwhile.
From another place inside everything is an invitation to explore the livingness in this dead zone. The texture and presence within what I post may honestly be my own shorthand for what breathes through me. I’m going to leave myself open to this, to this way of sensing it within wholeness.
Little frogs, bluebird families, chartreuse lichen, the long line of Broke off Mountain. Imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home