Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, August 11, 2008

Political season begins

It’s the start of the political season for us. We went to a Chico Conservation Voters breakfast yesterday and all the progressive candidates were there and a core showing of financial and worker bee supporters (us) turned out. Obama yard signs are showing up around town but I haven’t been to the Democratic Headquarters yet although I did shell out my first 25$ of the campaign toward their rent. I just can’t stand yet another lesser of two evil candidates that we have to work our butts off but that’s our reality. The planet can’t afford us not to fight for her.
All the local politics is too much to start in on here. If you live here you are all too aware. If you don’t, you have your own subset of development issues where you are.
Meanwhile, I made plum jam and pulled out my beans which were becoming a choking hazard. I planted some broccoli and brussel spouts on the faith that it will be cool again someday, sweating all the while.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home