Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, September 27, 2008

this night

I couldn’t sleep. My mind usually doesn’t blink on at night but tonight at 3am it was wanting to remind me about my life 40 years ago and about the people I knew then. I realized I need to start writing stuff down as there are details that are like poofed up islands now as the time/space context of the memories, like the linear way we could remember yesterday if we spent a few minutes recalling it, is gone. Theres just little blasts of stuff and sometimes it doesn’t make much sense. How did I end up there? I don’t know who I’d be writing it down for but community organizing in Newark, NJ and opposing the Vietnam War still looms formative for me but it’s really bathed in shadows because I ordinarily don’t go back into the past. Anyway, it’s been an over stimulating week, ending with the McCain-Obama debate tonight.
This will be the week that was. Hopefully the last truly devilish thing to happen of the Bush administration’s imperial presidency… I just hope the demos don’t cave like they usually do… Power to the People and the Planet!
Sleep is starting to want to reclaim me. What a spectacular way our bodies have of keeping us healthy…the empty space of not needing to be conscious and the dream modulator of our nervous impulses.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home