Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Sunday, August 24, 2008

pedicurians



.










Darien and Louis just left. The Olympics are STILL ON! Wendy and Hjalmars’ tech beat base is competing with the blare of water polo. It’s comfortable in the rammed earth portion of the house with the swamp cooler on. Eventually I’ll mobilize for more marathon peach and tomato processing. No rush. It’s Sunday.
Yesterday Laurel and I had pedicures. It was her belated birthday gift to me and the first time in this life I have had one. This is Christina, the woman who earns her way in the world through pedicures but says she would like to be farming on 10 acres and canning. I ended up with silver toenails but I’m already so dusted up you can barely tell.
Last night our friends Darien and Louis came to Chico after a friend’s wedding and we were downtown in time for the Candle for Tibet presence. (So small. So like butterfly wings, this “protest.”) Next morning we joined the neighbors for brunch. This is Jim, a Gulf War vet, and Connie; Louis and Darien and my big, one and only watermelon going under the knife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home