Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Week Home

Evolving Earth time. Planet flags line the streets of Chico. Lots of money and non recyclable material to make this visible reminder. Do we remember it's finite and incredibly complex and also fragile when we drive by lamp posts festooned by the image?
Dogwood and Icelandic poppies herald me on the way into Augie's to meet with Steve Tchudi about making the VV into a book. Ah the trepidation and confusion that I'm now meeting in the eddies of my energy with this idea, that's really been forcing down on me. I've decided to move it forward. Quite the crazy time of year to decide to do an indoor project but... All honor to Steve Tchudi. I feel comfort that if I can provide the words and the photos a wonderful book will be birthed into the world through his expertise and time.

Earlier in the day, when it was still rainy, I went up past the Honey Run road covered bridge on Butte Creek to meditate with my dear friend, passing back this way a few hours later with such a better relationship with the stillness and sensing needed for this book birthing. Bridged my dualities between the expansive bliss of nature worship and the painfilled reality of human and planetary suffering that digs its way into my psyche. Holy home.

Meanwhile, me Mikey will be turning 62 out on the road with Sasha, his ski buddy Arthur, and the Veggie Voyager. My Love follows him to the summits and valleys of his Oregon trip.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home