Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Friday, August 28, 2009

From the 4 percentile







My meditation teacher Don Kollmar (www.csaprocess.com) was talking about the four percent of the universe that is made of matter. It must be the creative space that allows for diversity and what I call beauty.. the end product when I notice how the light hits or my eye captures, or the camera has lucked out, and that doesn’t include any thinking about the complex and miraculous structure and function of the eye itself or its relationship to Ms. brain. The emotional reaction that comes with what I call beauty comes out of a gap in thinking in that moment of perception and the catch of awe.
There are all the myriad of things that progress through our experiencing and fill our lives as the clock ticks away on the time we have here. I could tell you about health, disease, poverty, international projects, interpersonal challenges, local things that are confounding me…. There is always an emotional hook about all the problems and about the brevity of time and seeming futility of it all.
But, I am free and chose peace and can live in the moments I afford myself to wander this dry late summer time among the still blooming flowers and volunteer tomatoes. It is such a gracious ability we (all) have just to appreciate. Here, in our impersonal blogified world I share an intense soundless relationship with what pleases and captivates me about the simple beautiful things around me. No recipes.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home