Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Good Job Jane!


On Tuesday we lost Jane Dolan as our champion for the Greenline that protects the fertile ag lands west of Chico from going under to urban uses. She was on the Board of Superiors for 32 years and just failed to campaign this year. The guy who got in has accepted huge amounts of money from developers and has tea party mentality on social issues. Yesterday I was so depressed I could barely see the oil coming in at Perdido Key...

I have to remind myself that there have been a lot of good things, as usual. The Doin It Justice Choir lifted our spirits last Sunday. This photo isn't good but this was a song about plastic bags that gave me lightness. There are MANY wonderful people in our community who also care deeply.

Another thing that happened was a huge moving bike festival of mostly young people on the weekend. Their faces were so happy when they emerged from Children's Park... this ethic and community probably did not correlate with high voter turn out but still reminds me to have hope.


Other people are organizing against the Budget Cuts in California. That battle will be intensifying over the next weeks and I fear the outcome for all who depend on social programs in the safety net.. no use bringing myself around to more worry about that at this particular minute. I'm already worried enough about our land, which the city wants to annex for high density residential housing.





Wouldn't that just be lovely?
Why would I want money when I can have the sun on new summer spikes of hollyhock in the morning light?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home