Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Friday, February 17, 2012

 A lot has gone on in our lives this week so it is a little sneaky to have lesser goldfinch and white crown sparrow hold the space but as I sit here at my sunswept kitchen table they are who I idly enjoy.
 Before I begin about the changes I want to say Thank You to my Valentine Michael.
 OK. I was let go for not seeing the numbers of women my employer wanted me to see each day... I was threatened with this three months ago and the staff at both clinics worked to try to increase the numbers and we had pretty much achieved the increase when the position was eliminated. They are in bad financial shape but it seemed maddening to me to see women's health take the hit. I also loved the little clinic in Hamilton City-- we were in a modular and looked out to the neighbor's kitties and the staff were muy sympatico...it kind of causes me an ache to see their pictures... but...
Today we went and signed up for social security and medi-care. The weekend won't end and I'll be able to stay on task with my own activism and projects better now, including my own health...driving less, more yoga, meditation and home cooked meals. There's a nervous, excited edge in writing this to just be present to patiently. It is spring and the upwelling is in me and in all the earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home