Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Friday, March 2, 2012

 In the ways of the world I don't do so well. The world itself is amazing and chuck full of stimulating, alarming and incredible things. I wanted to show the contrast between what is happening in nature here in the valley vs our day in the Sierra yesterday during the March 1st snowstorm. For once I didn't have the camera with me (because the wind and whipping abrasive snow made it hard to do anything.) The photo I did get and wanted to share would NOT upload-- it was just one of those amazing things-- the corridor of Hwy 20 just like a narrow white corridor between ghostly drooping giants. This little tunnel cave was something I discovered while walking on the road after getting us turned around and far from where we started --very slick and disconcerting road but it was neat to see this little cave with a set of tracks going in... definitely not human.
 On the way home, where Hwy 20 goes over the Yuba River there was this last gasp of the storm rainbow. I was so glad for this rain in a very dry winter...it provided a very good dumping of snow.
 Still, I worry for fruit set because we had such high winds just after this photo with our house in the background was taken. I kind of can't help worrying-- we went to the Sustainability Conference at Chico State today and a lot of environmental issues are rumbling around in my head. Tomorrow though Michael is presenting on running a diesel vehicle on SVO (straight veggie oil.) I'll enjoy that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home