Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, May 24, 2012

 This photo provides a total escape of the mind from what I've been focusing on this afternoon but I didn't want to exclude it from the blog all together. Michael provided a welding hood and the neighbors and I took turns looking at the solar eclipse but all my photos turned out like this... with a bright sunny glow and a reflected eclipsed like orb above it. I was disappointed, don't understand the optics of it and would like to know how I could have shot it right... it's interesting though....
 Yesterday I got to water my friend's big greenhouse and meet up with dozens of new flowers. These shots were my favorites. It's pure delight to experience these lovelies.
 And speaking of lovelies, here are Linda and Chuck getting some name recognition for our Democratic candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, Jim Reed this morning. We are all very concerned that we will default right into another few dozen years of not being represented by another Republican, especially with the new Open Primary system. Vote Jim Reed on June 5th!!!
Hanging out with Michael made the time pass quickly-- I was writing a Letter to the Editor in my head... now that I am getting Social Security and start Medi-care next month I realize what a complete Blessing it is to not have to worry anymore...to just really be able to have some TIME without needing to work for health benefits. The people going by don't think they will ever have that but it can be guaranteed for all working people if we renew our commitment to these programs and why exactly wouldn't we do that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home