Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tufa, Goblin, Gardens... 700 Posts!

 Michael needed to process the veggie oil we picked up in Ely and Tonapah and the best place for me to wander around would have to be Mono Lake. Unfortunately we didn't get to the Visitors Center to find out about the water levels. It has been five years since I've been here and the lake seemed low to me, but it is fall.
 The light kept changing and I kept shooting. Like the photos in Lehman Cave, after awhile I couldn't tell which were better but I think these are striking enough. Click on them to enlarge them.
 While I was stumbling around in the chest high sage and rabbit brush over remnants of past tufa from higher lake levels Michael was processing. He didn't get done until well after dark and then we drove to charge the battery. Surreal to be on Hwy 395 with trucks and high speeds in the dark after we were so used to being just about the only vehicle on the road.
 This afternoon we are back in the really populated corridor of 395 leading into Reno. I hold the light of the ancient land forms and carry this journey home with me-- still in awe as we pass the bare trees and their perfect form, the soft colors of the desert brush, the glimpses of the former rural nature of this route. It has been another sweetly imbued journey which rests in me with my Love and Appreciation for Michael as we close the circle at Reno.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home