Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, November 3, 2008

The Day before

It’s raining and I am bungling my way through Calling Lists. Yesterday I called for a new California District 2 Congressman (www.jeffmorrisforcongress.com) after 22 years of not being represented by Wally Herger… then today I’m onto a list endorsing Andy Holcombe, Ann Schwab, Jim Walker and Ali Sarsour for Chico City Council (www.esplanadeleague.org) It is hard to self discipline when it’s not raining since I still hear that siren song of the walnuts waiting to be picked up but now that it’s raining it’s not as hard, although I’m obviously playing hooky right now.
This morning I got up early to participate in the (www.kzfr.org) membership drive. My friend Anna Kastner was doing Native Song, a show that I depend on to balance my hemispheres on Monday mornings (6- 8 am) and the only place I know of to hear Native American artists.
I have such great hope for a sustainable future and it’s all of the above people who are/will be part of making that happen.


So, it’s starting to get a winter look out in the fields but I love how the raindrops pool on the broccoli and the riparian corridor along Comanche Creek is as gorgeous as ever.

My humble zucchini pumpkin wanted some WWW attention before it melts down into a pool of fruit flies so here is one more small light in the darkness.

Tomorrow is the day that we have waited and worked for. May wisdom and fairness prevail!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home