Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The beauty of the coast

 I forgot to mention that we got to the coast and back on bio-diesel. I wanted to include more of the photos from that wonderful adventure before moving on--next stop meditation retreat. It's already been a hectic few days and I'm very ready to sit for extended meditation.
 In the meantime, besides being a bitter electoral day yesterday it was World Environment Day. I guess it would help if I knew the name of the butterfly and of the incredible flower below, but I don't. I leave that to you...I'd certainly like to know but it is late and my day was long. Enough for me right now is to share the beauty with you and to make note that my outdoor activities consisted of whacking and cutting and digging Johnson grass, burr chervil, wild grape and polk. Not such an elegant celebration... but here is one:
 Sometimes simplicity and just taking note without a lot of description is the best antidote for an overly complicated life in the sped up and dumbed down world.
 We can't grow fuchsias over here in our valley heat and these gentle pink bells were a welcome sight of grace and peace and fragile elegance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home