Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Goin a little nuts

 We are trying to leave Chico, yet again. This time we have to wait for Michael's energy and for a new turbo for the truck. I'm not done with my share of things either. The full blue moon has come and now wanes and the kids are back at school and we are still here fussing with things and staying linked in with the community.
 The draft Sit/Lie ordinance which would have kept people from sitting on the sidewalks downtown did not pass and for that I am grateful. The people who propose this talk about behaviors but we all know it is about appearance. They don't want the manifestations of poverty in their view shed.
 Dave H built this little tear drop trailer with the intent to use it to market his potatoes which he grows here at Riparia. So sweet!
 And I just haven't been taking pictures at all. These were a couple of my many berry photos from last summer at this time up in Canada. So much has happened since then and now we have that new lease on life people talk about. But it comes with a shorter leash and smaller loop. The plan right now is to go straight away to Nevada-- we can pick up veggie oil or bio-diesel in Vinton at Simple Bio-fuels up on Hwy 70..where the desert is just begining. We mean to hoof it to Utah, then head north into Wyoming where we can slow down to Veggie Voyagers pace.
When I sit with myself like this...(I'm fasting) I can feel myself pouring like water toward those places to come. Yet my home is perfectly ok, perfectly comfortable. What is that urge to not be here? It has to do with the things I take on (the Trust Act and fracking and the Guantanamo Vigil and concerns too numerous to mention about the direction and dynamic of changes in the country/planet.)  There's also a lack of engagement with a part of experiencing that is simple and joyful and relates to being recharged by the beauty of the manifestation of the earth. I sit with the remedy pending when I should be packing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home