Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cusp of Winter


We just met Lev and Ruby who live in a bus named Magnolia and will be staying on our land this winter. I’m excited about getting the opportunity to know them. They have a wonderful blog that makes me doubly interested in them because they see the spark of life the way it shows up for me too… Their blog is www.homeonearth.blogspot.com
This week has been a mix of things… I feel like it’s the last week for my freedoms to play themselves out, even though I didn’t “do” much.
Ann Schwab, a woman with good environmental sensibility and commitment became our new mayor (the picture may be out of focus but the heart is right on!) and our Southwest Chico Neighborhood Plan passed the City Council with only one glitch that I’ll just not mention…




I went out to Pine Creek to clean up layers of mouse poopings in the cabin. These valley oak are what I see when I unlatch the gate. I got to spend some time with my friend Howard too. It is kind of him to let me re-inhabit the old cabin ad lib even if it is decomposing rapidly.
Lastly, although we still haven’t had rain, we’ve had fog and the leaves continue to fall away revealing the cusp of winter. Maybe, since I’m headed back to full time work on Monday, this is the best time of year to make my five day breaks from la madre tierra.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home