Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Monday, November 17, 2008

Saved!


The raccoons are on the roof and it's time for me to go to sleep. I'm showing one last view of summer here. I am deeply relieved that the Chico City Council voted 5/2 to keep our land on the agricultural side of the Greenline, meaning we won't have future zoning of high density residential, at least in my probable life time. Thanks to everyone who helped with this. I see now that getting them out here to walk around and talk to the people who are doing the farming was worth more than all the letters and petitions.
I realized tonight just how a community can change based on zoning. Many people will be shocked and dismayed when they find out the changes that were voted on tonight in the name of the General Plan update.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home