Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I remember a Thanksgiving when I was here in the kitchen and the sun was shining and I was listening to Gilda Radner from her book It’s Always Something, and she was talking about life as “delicious ambiguity.” Right now I’m poised to go out and harvest the ingredients of my Thanksgiving offerings to the land dinner. The garden has put on a huge show of green that will make it hard to find the acorn squash I’m looking for and the rodents have started in on the squash so there may not even be enough… we’ll see. There is lots of food out there and it’s my job to harvest what’s left and bring it to palatability. Winter and freezing can’t be too far off so today is really it for the finite bounty of the summer garden.


I’ll also make some pumpkin pie out of the Halloween survivors.
It was with great relief, for my sore fingers, we finally finished the great English walnut shell out last night. I have already started to engage in giving the walnut meats away since the 3$ a pound I was offered at the Co-op is way, way, way below the effort involved. Tis better to give.

I’m a bit sad for missing family. My heart yearns for the well being of all those I sense are suffering out beyond my current boundary of attention. My heart is also full for All that’s Good. May the ache of Fullness in me merge with the ache of Fullness in you as we offer our Thanks to Life. I hope our final harvests will be tasty and enough whoever we are and wherever we are.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home