Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Friday, May 1, 2009

One Year HOME

Mayday and it's raining. In the afternoon I went to One Mile to find the Immigration March. Only 9 of us showed up but one was Rev. David Moss from Trinity Methodist, a man who is firmly on the path of Christ's teachings.
I salute the people who struggle with being here illegally and know we need to make it easier and safer for people to get here and to stay. At the same time, we must do something about our birthrate.. here and everywhere.
I transplanted sunflower volunteers out of the garden today. My plan is to take them to the Endangered Species Faire tomorrow to sell as a benefit for BEC, who won't have a very good crowd if it is wet and cold.

It's been a good year. Exactly a year since we returned from the Veggie Voyage. I still miss the road and was following the trip of "this time last year" throughout this year. Now that's over. I'm going to keep blogging awhile longer because it helps me chronicle my life. Even if it doesn't mean much to anyone else it gives me a way to capture time, even if just in short hand.

So Goodbye to a certain relationship with the past. I'm working on a book about it though, so, in some ways I'm more engaged with the story of the trip than ever. It will be a few more years before we voyage again but in the meantime, another chapter closes. What matters is that the Book of Life is still open.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home