Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Friday, March 26, 2010

More spring

Even just outside our front door is alive with color and beauty.
Today I got to walk with Susan Tchudi at Turkey Tail Farm in the foothill country above the Oroville Reservoir. They are starting a CSA and have many start up projects going that were energetic and promising. It's great to see a family working together across generations and I can't help but being envious. For me looking into how other people live, how they construct their lives and how much energy they have compared to me is fascinating. Both Susan and Steve are retired professors and I am humbled that Steve has taken up helping me make a book out of the Veggie Voyagers story. I'm really eager to see what he can make out of the materials I've provided to him.
The wild iris and lupin were showing off so I share them here. Hopefully neither Susan nor I will have gotten poison oak which is particularly shiny and attractive right now.
I loved this day, being off work and visiting the Tchudis then coming back and working outside with Michael on brush and wood pile clean up. My idea of a great time.

I wanted to include photos of last Sunday's Immigration March downtown. We had about 60 people. The message is very clear to me that it is not fair to divide families nor is it fair to scapegoat hard working, good people. Immigrants need justice and we need to pay attention to this need and provide fair and respectful reform. It is ridiculous that the Health Bill doesn't even cover legal immigrants for five years. It is illogical and inhumane to intentionally create inequality in the laws of this country.


El pueblo unida jamas sera vencido. The people united will never be defeated!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home