Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sierra Buttes Trail

 What happened to me is that I got staggered under the numbers of photos I took when Warren and Carol were here. I just posted a bunch of "people ones" to Facebook and decided against a bunch that were goofy or didn't show people in a good light. With nature it is all about Light when it comes to photography. This carpet of creeping phlox may not be as appreciated as it should be because of the bright light.
 As we headed up the Sierra Butte Trail the wind really picked up and the temperature dropped and the sky started to darken... better for photos but I didn't catch the Sierra waves very well...
 But I did appreciate this startling Young American (?) Lake with Upper and Lower Sardine below it.
 And the jumbled and sharded rocks along the ridge line. And, most of all, the backs of my family, always in front of me...whether on the Sierra Buttes trail or coming back from a mellower Big Bear Lake walk.
Now I have to abandon the photos and the computer and get out in the sun. Back to the essential Sunday work of weeding here in the great Northern Sacramento Valley at Riparia Farm, home sweet home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home