Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Butte Canyon

 This last weekend was our Complete Self Attunement Meditation retreat and it was at a beautiful home in Butte Canyon, up the Centerville Road above the cemetary. This fierce eagle has lost its wings, they drape over the rock in memory of flight.
 One of the owners is an artist and I assume these figures out in the fields on the seven acres were her work but there was no one to ask. I loved how the alabaster changed through the day as shadows shifted to radiant white.
 The one out by the road, the wildest one, was chained against vandalism but it seemed symbolic of our attitude to predators.
 As usual, I took a lot of shots but missed the sound of the birds in the morning, the quails and skunk right near my tent and the bullfrogs chanting all night within the high canyon walls. Below is what I call a buckeye butterfly... I'm always afraid to say since I can be wrong. It's eyes stare up at you through the pale grasses so it looks like a face peeking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home