Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gathering Spring

We are a long way from last week now. Here in the valley it is full on spring. Michael has done the rototiling for the garden and we are just waiting for the waxing moon to plant.
There are surprises everywhere and everytime I can I'm taking pictures of something incredible.

Our neighbor Bruce got a Natural Resources Conservation Service grant to build a giant greenhouse tunnel. The structure itself seems crazy big but interesting.

Even coming home from work sometimes I have to stop in the old Barber neighborhood just because something strikes my eye. This is a whole lawn of amazing eye-popping fresias.
That's it. I could say how disappointed I am by Obama or how my wonderful husband will turn 63 this week but I just want to show you flowers touched by sun...






1 Comments:

At April 14, 2010 at 3:27 PM , Blogger home on Earth said...

Wonderful pictures Chris. I love the juxtaposition of snow and flowers. And what a giant structure Bruce is building! Lev is in morocco and I have an update to post to our blog from him. So nice to hear your voice.
love,
ruby

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home