Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanks time

I just got back from another loop of bookstores... one day in SF and today in the East Bay. The high points were meeting Craig Reece of Plant Drive in Berkeley and going to the big mama of Independent Bookstores yesterday -- City Lights in S.F. The low point was having my car lock me out at the bio-diesel pump at Bio-diesel Oasis. There were also lots of mini highs and lows in my push to get the (Veggie Voyagers) book to potential readers. Even the Ecology Center in Berkeley was a bit disappointing. They said people are getting their books from Amazon and reading books on Kindle so they are phasing out books. Phasing out books?
Thanks Giving was wonderful with Orien home and a big gathering on Saturday night. Unfortunately I didn't get any human photos but we did have a lovely hard freeze just before we left for the city so I ran around and got photos- a few are here below.
As I write this Michael is listening to the news about the cut backs and closures of state parks. There is a lot of bad news out there. I don't think driving around even with good mileage and bio-diesel is such a great thing. I am committed to a few more attempts to sell the books. If I don't sell them all in a year I'm sending them to libraries.
It was an epic Veggie Voyage (see 2007 through 5/2008 here in the archives.) I (modestly) think its a good book but I don't think I have the sales magic and it's using up precious life and energy.
I'm just grateful to NOT live in a city although I know they can be efficient and energizing places to live..it was good to see more and more folks commuting on bikes and more lip service to sustainability.
I just can't get enough of how incredible nature is... these are the same crabapples that made such great jelly a few months ago and these were the brilliant golden flowers of a few weeks ago.
Hope those without homes will stay warm enough. It's beautiful but cruel, these cycles. Easy to appreciate the photos though. I'm so grateful for my home and community and dear daughter in her amazing city on the bay.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home