Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

One day before...

 There are a lot of forces that are gently lapping at my consciousness and there's some somewhat muddled cresting of energy that I am being present to... I'm going to be 65 years old tomorrow. An elder. Like Scarlet O'Hara I'll think about that more tomorrow but for today it's like a gradual crescendo that only I can hear.
We are preparing to go back on the road again and Michael has rebuilt the old Veggie Voyager Cab-over and we hope to sell it soon. The end of that 5 year era-- five years ago I retired and we went on the Veggie Voyage around the U.S. and Canada. Now I am more or less even more retired (after what? four intervening jobs?) We both can sense the years now... Sasha's aging has especially accelerated. We Celebrate and we Live.
 Meanwhile, the figs, apricots, plums and blackberries are all coming ripe.
 Hollyhocks are splendid and Nigelia is headed to its unique seed pod.
 I've weeded poke today, dried figs and apricots... been, done, going to do...
 The season of drying and post solstice harvest has begun. Tomorrow will be and me with it, Gratefully.

1 Comments:

At November 23, 2013 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

would you like to trade some fig tree branch cuttings? if so please email me at ediblelandscaping.sc@gmail.com I have several varieties and would be happy to trade a few 6-8 inch cuttings with you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home