Veggie Voyagers

Couple travelled 30 states and 3 Canadian provinces between 7/07 and 5/08 running their 1987 Ford truck on straight veggie oil. The blog continues with a focus on the natural world and energy politics from a personal perspective

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Turning 65 (!)

 The official part of my Birthday day started with watering my friend's orchids. There are so many opportunities to see beautiful and unique blooms at her house-- I didn't mind the chore at all. It's a treat..
 Next my friend Kathy and I went to Upper Bidwell Park to a shallow but beautiful and secluded section of Big Chico Creek where she loped off my hair, which I had braided, for Locks of Love. We meditated and that helped me grasp some element of how effusive, blissful energy "uses" me sometimes and staying present to that I was able to associate more with a non-manic, contentment that seemed much more sustainable and in harmony.
 We finished the day with dinner out. Michael has been working incredibly hard trying to get us out of Chico but he has been stalled out trying to sell the old Veggie Voyager Cab-over camper. (We have only a few days left in our house and the next posting will be about our departure--exactly 5 years from the first Veggie Voyage!)
 On Thursday I participated (in my role as an Women's Health Nurse Practitioner) in the health screening the California Nurses Association put on at the Chico Downtown Plaza Park. Our press conference, town hall meeting and screening efforts coincided with the Supreme Court Decision on ObamaCare. No one was discouraged in the least. We know Single Payer is what is needed--until we have a comprehensive health care system in this country a lot of tireless people won't rest.
After another treat lunch with another dear friend, last night we officially brought my 65th Birthday to a close with a movie and dinner... all the women in my life are amazing. You will have to take my word for it. I love them so much!! My hair is almost how it will be on the trip where water access and drying conditions will be iffy.
I'm almost ready to go! 65 and very Alive!

1 Comments:

At March 24, 2014 at 6:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your
blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.

After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you
write again very soon!

Here is my webpage

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home